Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

Our Prophet
Gordon Bitner Hinckley


Last Sunday we were all sitting around in the family room playing some board games that we had gotten for Christmas when Greg called us and informed us that President Hinckley had passed away. We all were filled with emotion because Pres. Hinckley has taught us so much and has been such a strong figure in our lives for the past 15 years. Wow! When I was growing up, the Prophet that I remember the most is President Spencer W. Kimball. I know that President Hinckley will be the one that all of my children will remember with a strong feeling of love as they get older and think back on the Prophets of their childhood. President Hinckley gave us "The Family: A Proclamation to the World," he built many temples around the world, but the one that I love the most are the Six B's.
Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, Be Prayerful.
President Hinckley was so inspirational and I loved to hear him speak. I will remember him as a person who was always so uplifting. In fact, one of my favorite quotes is from him:
"In all living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."

No comments: