Sunday, June 22, 2008

Drive, Run, Sleep, Repeat...

Wow, what a weekend...I am soooooo tired! I have just spent 30 hours running the Wasatch Back with 11 other babes. Here is a shout out to all of the Valley Babes who ran the race!!! Great job and what a fun experience. Here are some of the highlights...


Our Vans...
each subburban was decked out with a life size barbie (in honor of our name...babefest 2008). Thanks to Brian and Sherene for their creativity.



Van #1...
Van one was the best and I had the greatest time with Sherene and all of the others. It was also fun talking with Jenny Jensen and getting caught up with her life. All the babes in Van #1 were so great!!



There was a time when things got a little dramatic...Van #1 was supposed to meet Van #2 at exchange 24 and we couldn't get there because of road construction. We were hurrying so fast, pulling out the Ragnar Bible to get some answers, and calling van 2 to see what to do. We finally figured it out after some heavy drama and things worked out okay...Ally ran another leg from van 2 ( I felt so bad for her because she had just finished one of her legs and then had to run Sherene's) She was definately a trooper and so was Sherene for running hers later on.

Everyone ran a total of three times durning the course from Logan to Park City. My first run was 7.5 miles up Avon. My second run was 6 miles through Morgan. This run was my favorite run. I loved it because it was at 12 midnight, it was cool, and dark and it was kinda like you were all by yourself. I also loved it because Lyndsie was up at Youth Conference at the Stake Camp and she was my inspiration during this run because I loved knowing that she was so close to me. My final run was 4.5 miles down into Midway. It was harder than I thought it would be and by the end, I was tuckered out!

This is our entire team at the finish line. I am so proud of everyone. We laughed a lot, ran a lot and drove a lot too. It was so fun, we have already signed up for next year!

No comments: