
Last Tuesday evening, I received a call from my mom and I could tell that she was upset. I braced myself for the news, but it wasn't what I expected! She told me that my Uncle Jay had just passed away...I hardly could believe it and what saddened me the most was that my sweet Grandma had to bury her son. My Uncle Jay was a wonderful person to me, especially while I was young. While my mom was divorced and living by herself with Christie and I and trying to care for us, a home and animals, my Uncle Jay was always there to help her. I remember always being so happy when he was around. He loved us and always made us laugh. His funeral was held up in Huntsville and it was a great tribute to him to see so many people there to support the Thompson family. Huntsville is a great community with people that have lived up there all of their lives. My mom arranged for a horse and buggy to take my Uncle Jay down to the cemetery...a sweet picture to see. My Uncle Jay had a mule that he loved and her name was Sweetheart and she was tied to the back and took the journey with him. It was a sad day, especially to see my Grandma and to watch her throughout the day. During the funeral, my mom spoke and she did a wonderful job, telling stories that even I hadn't heard before. My Uncle Jay was one of her best friends.




No comments:
Post a Comment