Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stacy and I did it! Wow, I can't believe it! What a journey we have taken...at first (clear back in January) I didn't think that I could do it and Stacy just kept pushing me along. Then the runs kept getting longer and longer and before we knew it, we were running farther than we ever had before and feeling pretty good. Bodies are amazing, they can adapt to anything. When we ran our last race of the winter circuit which was 19 miles and I felt as good as I did, I realized then that YES I could probably do this. The marathon came three weeks after that race and Stacy and I were feeling nervous but excited about our committment we had made so long ago. The day was perfect and we were ready. It turned out to be successful for both of us and we were excited that we were doing it. As we got to the top of South Fork and saw all of those people at the starting line, I couldn't believe it! I thought this is amazing but with all of these people it also seemed so ordinary. Coming down the canyon, which would have made it about mile 23, I saw Steve and my kids and I started to cry. I knew they would be there and I looked forward to them. What got me down the canyon was the excitement of seeing them. When I entered the parkway, it was a total "I can do this" for me because last time I ran the half it was miserable through this part. I ran the parkway strong, my mind was strong and that alone made me so proud of myself because I struggle so much in that area. I may have been running slower than earlier but I was running and not walking and I wasn't fighting with myself to stop and I was happy! That is where I feel the best about things. Well that and actually finishing :). Towards the finish line, Lyndsie and Sydnie ran in with me and everyone met me at the finish line...even my good friend Kim was there with me. She is a true friend!
Stacy has been so fun to train with, she is amazing and I love her! Thanks for everything Stacy!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is such a HUGE accomplishment Lori!! That is just awesome!! You are such an amazing person and I love ya!!