Monday, July 28, 2008

Wow...Lake Powell


Lake Powell was one of the best trips our family has ever been on. It was so much fun. The only problem with the whole trip was that Sydnie wasn't there with us. She chose to go to Cheer Camp instead. I wished so much the entire trip that she was with us, things did not seem the same and I was always looking for one more kid. Even when we got home and was looking through the pictures, I said to Steve "Oh, you didn't get any pictures of Sydnie cliff jumping!" Kim was there with us and she had to tell me that was because Sydnie wasn't there...so sad. But other than that, the trip was a blast. Every day was jam packed with FUN! Sam had the time of his life...One day, we had some boat trouble and we were out in the hot sun for hours. Finally Dean rescued us and started to take us back to the house boat. On the way back, he stopped and had everyone jump in because we were all so dang hot. Well, Sam jumped right in, and on his way in, he yelled "This is the BEST day of my life!" I thought how could he say that when we had just about melted to death all day, just sitting there, doing nothing? I laughed and so did Dean and that became the quote of the trip. Wow, everyone should have an outlook in life like that!

We were invited to go with the Garretts and their family, along with the Larsens. I can't think of a funner bunch. The things that I loved...

  • watching everyone on the tubes...having the ride of their life.
  • watching Sam play so hard all day long!
  • being with great friends
  • Jared (he was our entertainment)
  • jumping into 90 degree water
  • the food
  • the sun
  • watching Brinley and Grace play
  • laughing so hard that I cried
  • the beautiful scenery
  • hanging out with Lyndsie

We had so much fun. It is a trip that we will never forget!


The cliff jumping was awesome. Everyone was so brave. I couldn't believe Sam, he just jumped like there was nothing to it. Demi was the dare devil though and Abby and Lyndsie only went if the other would go. Once you were up on the cliff, it looked a lot higher than when you were down in the water coaxing everyone to go. Ha Ha

The tube riding was outrageous! Some of the time, I actually feared for lives. People were flying everywhere. The funniest was to watch Steve, Brad, Jared and Claire ride the big tube. It was exciting to see who was going to be "King" of the tube...Jared usually won.

...the greatest days of our lives...
Here are some more great pictures of our week...


"Big T Little T!"

Oh...we missed Sydnie so much. She would have had so much fun! On Friday, Sydnie was leaving cheer camp to go and stay with the McKenzies until Sunday. She called me on her way home and it was so hard to talk to her...she was sad and so was I! We love you Sydnie and we wished that you were with us!

No comments: