1: joy 2: sweetness 3: laughter
**I am going to try and update every month...kinda journal our month's adventures. January was a great month for me, I love to be all nestled in. And for Lyndsie, I suppose, turning 16 is no every day event! I had the opportunity to substitute a 4th grade class for 2 weeks, starting at the first of the month. I loved it so much, it almost surprised me! I thought that maybe I would enjoy it, but at the same time wish that I didn't have to go and teach each day. But I loved it and looked forward to it. It was so hectic though...if I ever went back to teaching full time, I would really have to change my routine a little bit so I could get more things done at home. The class was so cute and such good kids.
**Steve just did his thing, going to work and then coming home and helping with homework - fun huh!? He is starting something that I think he is super excited about though and that is finishing the basement. I think that he likes to go down there and work on things!
**Lyndsie's big event was of course turning 16. She has already had her first date even! She is now a Laurel and I can't believe it, it seems only yesterday that she was in primary. She is driving a lot and thinks that she can drive all of her friends around too. But I say "No way, not until you have your liscense." She is still cheering at games and is very busy that way, she just started taking tumbling again and she loves that and is so good at it too! Santa brought her a guitar for Christmas, so she is planning on starting a class for that...soon she will be playing like a rock star. The weekend of the 16th, I planned a surprise party for Lyndsie and her group of friends. I rented a hotel room and everyone came and had a great time. They went swimming, had lots of treats, laughed and then decided to go to bed around 1:30! I was so tired.
**Sydnie had a fun January. She hangs out with friends every weekend and when she isn't hanging out, she is planning for the next get together. She did great this quarter again with her grades. She is still taking piano and is preparing for a recital in March. She has been in piano for about 4 years and she is getting really good. She can play some songs without the music just by listening to the notes. Wow!
**Brinley is still going strong! She is playing futsal and going to soccer practice every week. She started tumbling along with Lyndsie and loves it. (My girls have always loved to tumble) She is doing so good in the 5th grade and she loves her teacher, Mrs. Gardner. She works hard every week and does her best! And guess what?!? Brinley's Science Fair project won and she will be going to district in February! Yea Brinley!!
**Sam is Sam and loves life! He is my buttercup. It is always good to have someone little around the house, because funny little people seem to bring down the stress and help us big ones remember that life shouldn't always be so busy! I love to watch him enjoy life and go all day long...never stopping! He is my reminder to always live life to the fullest and most of all...enjoy it. He is doing good in school, we work so hard every night to get his reading up a little. It is paying off, because I think that he is getting so good...Great job Sam!
**And Roxy is eating and eating and eating and eating!!

2 comments:
So fun to hear what you are up to...Congrats to Brin on her science fair project! Way to go, girl!! I adore your whole family!
It's so much fun to hear about your darling family. You are such a cute Mom....I wanna be like you! Sound like you've been way busy!
Post a Comment