Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pies, Pies, and more Pies...

While Sam and Brin were off track, we went up to Grandma's house a couple of times and picked apples, made apple pies, brought apples home to make more. I ended up with around 20 pies and I think that my mom ended up with about 22 pies and I had 8 bags of frozen apple filling...wow. We have been busy and to tell you the truth, I am sick of apples and apple pie! Ever since I was a little girl, I remember my mom making apple pies and then freezing them to reheat and enjoy just like you were pulling out a fresh pie out of the oven. She was known throughout Huntsville for her famous apple pies. All of the Home Teachers loved to come and visit her because she would always have them a hot piece of pie. I loved going up there and spending time with my mom and Brin and Sam had a lot of fun too. Especially playing with Jessy!
So anyways, we have lots of pies so come on over and enjoy one with us!

No comments: