Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sam's Day

I tried to talk Sam into just telling everyone that he is turning 7 instead of 8. I don't think that there is anything wrong with being in denial! I can't hardly stand it that he is getting so old. I loved it when everyone was little and life was not so hectic and I want him to stay little. But that's not going to happen:(! Sam had a long day...opening presents in the Hotel was different, Sam woke everyone up early to open them and Lyndsie and Sydnie were not too happy about it. They played along though because they knew how excited he was. He wanted everyone to stay up until 12:00 the night before and open them then. I talked him into waiting till morning. So he was up bright and early. After that, we all started to pack up to head home to Syracuse. It was a long drive and when we got home, we hurried and unpacked and made a birthday cake so everyone could come over and wish Sam a "Happy Birthday!" We had cousins, aunts and uncles, and Grandmas and Grandpas over. It was a house full, but Sam loved it and that is what I wanted. We love you Sam...you are the best 8 year old ever!
8 things about Sam...
1. Sam is so kind...he is always telling me thank you whenever I do something for him. It is not just a thank you either, he will say it with the most genuine voice ever, "Thanks Mom!"
2. He is funny...he has the most innocent thoughts and at times, the things that he will say will just catch you so off guard. The other night while driving down to St. George, he was in the very back just going down on some tootsie rolls and I asked him, "Bud, what are you doing with all of those wrappers?" He was obviously throwing them on the floor because his response was classic..."Mom, I can't answer that question right now."
3. He is a hard worker...If we are doing projects, he is right by our side until our work is finished and he never complains. Love that!
4. He is athletic...He loves all sports and is constantly outside doing something fun.
5. He loves his dog...Roxy has a best friend and doesn't even know it. Sam loves that dog and would do anything for her.
6. His favorite thing to wear lately is underarmer...He thinks it is so cool!
7. He is obedient...Sam usually will do anything you ask him too, even if it is his sisters who are asking. If Lyndsie asks him to get her something, he usually will say "sure."
8. He loves his family! He is seriously the best little boy ever...I love him so much!
Happy Birthday Bud!

Roxy was exhausted after all of the celebrating was over!

No comments: