




Thanksgiving day was wonderful and I got so full. My eyes have always been bigger than my stomach. Grandma Lois is the best cook ever and Thanksgiving dinner was delicious! Christie came up too, but Brooke and Daniel was with Glen this year. I hate it when they are not there, it never seems right with them gone. Matt and Tami and their family were there too and best of all...Grandma Thompson. I love having Thanksgiving up in Huntsville.










Grandma Thompson had a birthday on Wednesday, November 26. She turned 96 years old. She is the greatest Grandma ever. When Christie and I were little, we were so lucky to spend a lot of time with her. She taught us how to bake, garden, sew, read, and a lot more. I remember spending my sick days with her too, when Mom was at work and I was too little to stay home alone. I remember one time while I was sick, Grandma made me a Christmas train with graham crackers and frosting, gumdrops, candy canes and swirling life savors. She always made me french toast in the morning because it was my favorite breakfast. Christie and I would sleep over at her house a lot too. She would bake goodies and then have us deliver them to neighbors. She taught us how to embroider, made us quilts, we even quilted with her. Even now that she is 96, she still keeps herself busy embroidering on pillow cases and making monkeys for all of her great grand children! The thing that she has cherished the most throughout the years is her family. I am so greatful for my Grandma, she is a great example to me and I love her so much!
Happy Birthday Grandma!
2 comments:
What a fun tradition! Your Grandma is beautiful and you are so lucky to have had her to teach you so many amazing talents. I'm jealous! Your pictures are adorable!
Love all your pics from Huntsville...looks like a great Thanksgiving. Aren't grandma's the best things in the world? What a beautiful tribute to your grandma! She sounds amazing...just like you!
Post a Comment