Friday, March 19, 2010

SHOPPING and HIKING

DAY TWO: Friday
I couldn't wait to wake up in Hawaii and open up the curtains and look out and see the ocean and the palm trees and the beach. Since Hawaii is 4 hours behind, I woke up really early and was ready to go running ( I am training for a marathon and it is like a job!) The day was another fabulous one...We started out by going shopping at the International Market and we got business done there fast. We got Sam his shark tooth necklace that he came to Hawaii for! We all got our souvenirs AND when we were going into one of the shops something hit me on top of the head so hard. I stopped fast and asked "What was that?" and then something dropped again beside me and it was bird poop! I started to panic and yelled "IS THERE BIRD POOP IN MY HAIR?" And yes there was and a lot of it. Steve was all concerned and said "Oh wow Lyndsie, you are going to have to go help your mom wash that out of her hair!" I washed it out the best I could in the public restroom and then stunk the rest of the day and placed a nice Hawaiian flower to disguise the discoloration. Bad luck!
We went on a hike to a beautiful waterfall and then came back and got washed up and went to a restaurant where we sat on a deck and was able to listen to an Hawaiian band and watch the sunset out on the ocean. A perfect ending to a great day in Hawaii!

No comments: