I signed up to be a helper for Sam's first field trip. It was a walking field trip to the Linda Vista Park where the Book Mobile is. It was great! The Book Mobile had different activities where the kids would rotate from station to station. They had crafts, puzzles, animals that they could pet, books that they could check out and popsicles to eat. It was a long field trip and by the time it was over I was ready for a nap!
Before the field trip started, I was in the room looking at some papers that all of the kids had filled out and on them they had put their favorite things and such and a long with that was their best friend. One kid named Austin (who is on Sam's football team) had put that his best friend was Sam. I thought that was so nice. Well when I got the paper that said all of the names that I was in charge of for the field trip, Austin was on there so I asked Sam to point him out to me so I could gather up my group. Sam went over to a boy and asked him "Um, is your name Austin?" Steph and I laughed, how funny it was that Austin had put Sam down as his best friend and Sam didn't even know who Austin was. He really did though...he knew he liked to have fun with him out on the play ground every day, just didn't ever think to ask what his name was! Haha!!
(Thanks Steph for the pictures!)





No comments:
Post a Comment